Tuesday, August 21, 2012

WI Trip - Camping!!!

My mom wanted to spend a night camping at the campsite downtown along the river.  She wanted Site 13 because it was the closest spot to the rapids on the river.  It was nature's sound machine while we slept.  Our plan was to set up the tent after the church picnic and sleep there Sunday night and hang out on Monday.  We did set up the tent and then went out to their house to get our stuff for the night.  We had two people call and tell us it was raining on the other side of the Mississippi and it was coming our way.  So my mom and I went back to town to take down the tent.  We returned around 11:00 on Monday morning and set up camp once again.  Once the tent was in place, we grilled hot dogs & hamburgers for lunch.
the rapids
I forgot to mention Queen Au Contraire joined us on the camping trip
 served her right!
her attitude anyway
S'mores - Yummy but messy!
What do you do while your are ruffing it at a camp ground?  Go get manicures of course!  My mom had set up an appointment to take them to get nail art done.
 We went out to my parents' house for my birthday supper.  We loaded up what we needed for sleeping and headed back to camp around 9.  We played a couple games of Sequence for Kids before calling it a night.  My mom left early to head to work.  I packed up camp.
the girls entertaining themselves while I packed
We were heading home on Tuesday, the 14th.  Before hitting the road, we hit the lake.  My uncle Nick took us on a quick but fun bouncy boat ride.
This wraps up our end of the summer hurrah in Wisconsin.  We had 1 week back at home to get ready for school.  So long Summer 2012.  You were dry, hot, fast but good!

1 comment:

KrotShomglin@gmail.com said...

Poor little Ms.Morgan!๐Ÿ˜ญ I hope and pray that she did not hurt herself when she fell out of that red chair!๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ™