Monday, August 20, 2012

WI Trip - Park Playing

The girls and I usually wrap up our summers with a trip to my parents house in WI.  This year was no different.  My mom came for Shelby's theater performance and when she left on Sunday morning Morgan went along.  She had a great time by herself and then turned into Queen Au Contraire when Shelby and I joined them on Thursday.  We stayed until Tuesday so I will post each day separately.
On Thursday evening we went into town to walk & ride bikes along the river on the trail.  We stopped to play at the playground.  Nonny joined in the tetherball fun and a little swinging.
We left this playground and headed up the hill to tryout the new playground at the K-8 school.
They had a lot of fun and I had to start driving away to get Morgan to come. It's a good thing I did because as we headed back down the hill, we noticed how dark the sky was getting.  I think the same storm that blew through Blm/Normal around 4 or 5 came through Darlington about 8:00.  We dropped my mom off at the grocery store and parked to order pizza from the one and only Vinger's hometown greatness (you either love the stuff or hate it).  It started to pour down rain like it was making up for the summer drought!  And it was terribly windy.  I parked as close to the door as I could get without driving on the sidewalk for my mom when she came out.  Thankfully the lightening was bright enough to light my way as we poked down the road to get the pizza.  By the time we made it out to the house it was pretty much over.  It's worth any kind of weather to get Vinger's Pizza!

No comments: