Saturday, July 19, 2008

12 Years & Counting.......

Tomorrow (July 20th) will mark our 12 year anniversary! We don't have anything big planned but a quick trip to St. Louis to watch the Cardinals play the Brewers and a hotel stay. It may seem odd that I would be the one to suggest such an event to celebrate our anniversary since our day to day life revolves around baseball. But a few things make these type of baseball games special. First of all we will be going without kids thanks to Grandma Mary. It is so nice Greenville is on the way and just down the road from St. Louis. Also, when we were dating in college we would make trips to the ballpark. And as strange as it may seem, some of our quality time as newlyweds was spent on quite, sunny Sunday afternoons in Gridley edging the high school baseball field together. I also helped rake the field after Gridley ball games since that team required long speeches after games and I knew more about field work than they did! Another interesting tidbit of our relationship includes Cardinal baseball. The summer before my sophomore year in college (we started dating in November of that school year) Nate swears he saw me at a Cardinal game. When we started dating he told me that and I said not me. I must have a twin because I was not in St. Louis at any point during that summer. Nate first noticed me in a class we had together the previous year but we were both involved in other relationships. Seeing that girl that summer and assuming it was me got him thinking when we returned to school that fall and the rest is history! So a trip like this is a reminder of our beginning and simpler days before kids and serious baseball coaching jobs.

3 comments:

Ttime said...

Happy Anniversary. I'm glad you get to get away for the day. Enjoy.

kimberly said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the wishes Traci & Kimberly