Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Morgie, Morgie, Morgie














Some of my previous posts have been about Shelby and her crazy habits. Well little sis Morgan has plenty of silly qualities of her own. That girl can do amazing things with her tongue which is hanging out of her mouth most of the time. You can get a good laugh by just watching her walk. She doesn't watch where she is going so anything that might be in her way becomes a hazard. She doesn't step over or around, rather she trips, falls or hits her head on whatever is in her way. Most of the time she just picks herself up, dusts herself off and off she goes. She is a pretty tough cookie. For example, Shelby and Morgan stayed with Grandma Mary when we went on our anniversary trip. When we came back I noticed a big scab on Morgan's elbow and knee. No one knew what had happened. No big deal. Morgan has more scratches and bruises on her that you really have no idea where she got them. A few days later I asked Shelby what happened. She said she fell down in the driveway. I said, "Did she cry"? She said, "No". So that explains why no one knew. She didn't make a fuss so they probably didn't even notice. Her latest crazy attitude is what sparked the idea for this post. The last few days when I go get her out of bed in the morning she has a fit if I am still wearing my pajamas. She says, "Mommy clothes" with a little whine, pout and crabbiness mixed in. The first few times I changed my clothes and went back to get her. This morning I wised up. I left and said I would be back when she was ready. Next time PJ's and all she was happy to see me. :)

A side note about Shelby - as I mentioned before, she is not shy about much especially little boys. There is a boy across the street and down a ways who rides his bike by our house. Last night she is out there in her Minnie Mouse dress and pink kitty rain boots (a site itself) and she is determined to get to this boy. He has somehow managed to avoid her previous attempts to meet him. (I think he is scared of her). She steps out on the sidewalk to block his way. She put her arms out and spread her legs out and said, "He's not getting through. I am the stop sign." When I told her to get out of the way she stomped off muttering something but what I did catch was, "I'm not marrying that boy." Well thank God for that!

Sorry this post was so long but sometimes there is just a lot to say about these 2!

1 comment:

kimberly said...

you've got some cute kids, Sarah. hope you're preparing for when they become teenagers now. ;)