Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Upside of Kids

I wanted to share some things about Shelby that makes me laugh and I suppose that balances out those times I really feel like tying her upside down to the ceiling fan. (Unfortunately she would find that to be fun). 1. For supper last night I had made some lemonade. Nate said "This is some really good lemonade." Shelby says, "Yeah, it really hits the spot." Nate almost choked on his supper. Times like this is when it is hard not to laugh at what she says. Unlike some of those things I have written in previous posts. 2. This summer she has really gotten in to catching fire flies. She had been putting them in small containers with lids but no holes for air. Aunt Jill gave each of the kids the best gift at the party - bug catching containers complete with nets for catching, tweezers for torturing I guess, and a lid that allows breathing. The container has a string to hang around your neck. Perfect! She was out last night and caught herself quite a few. I said she had to let them loose before she went to bed. After putting Morgan to sleep I stopped by her room because things did not sound good. She was having a meltdown because she wanted to keep the bugs as her pet. Her dad informed me she also wanted a dog and cat and believe me that will never happen - at least not in my house. 3. Today I found her putting letter magnets over her cousins' pictures on the refrigerator. It's just too painful for her to look at them right now. She just wants to be with them so bad. :(

No comments: