Tuesday, July 15, 2008

God Bless The Sister-in-Law


When I started this Blog I didn't think I would have a whole lot to say and never thought I would have 2 posts in one day! But if I don't post this stuff as I think of it, chances are it won't ever get done. As mentioned in an earlier post we spent the weekend with Nate's family. I enjoy spending time with Jill my sister-in-law because I can really learn from her. She is a natural with kids and handles difficult children well. I can pick up some tips with dealing with Shelby just by watching her work with her own kids. This picture I included of Jill with all the kids around her just shows her in her element. If I had 5 kids standing that close around me I would get the shakes but not Jill, this is where she loves to be.


It is interesting how God gave me 3 sister-in-laws who are trained teachers of young children. So I have the opportunity to learn about handling children anytime I am with family. I think teachers are born with a love for children, probably the biggest reason for their choice of career. I however was not born with that quality, thus the reason I knew in the 8th grade I would not be a teacher and a decision I do not regret today. :) So thanks Jill, Dana & Sarah for your patience & love that I can learn from.

1 comment:

jill said...

Sarah,

Seriously, this made me cry. I am so flattered that you feel that way. I, too, think you're an amazing mother and wife with EXTREME patience. Thank you for your thoughtful words. I truly am touched:)