Sunday, July 20, 2008

Friends Will Come & Go.....




This summer I have stepped out of my comfort zone to take the girls to the park a lot more than in the past. I prefer the park in the early spring before the kids get out of school so there is limited contact with other children. :) Shelby on the other hand does not feel the same as her mom. That girl will make a new friend every time and will cry every time as we leave the new friend behind. I will finally have to tell her that we live in a big town and chances are she will never see some of these kids again. Not exactly what she wants to hear but that is the reality. For the past year our next door neighbors had their 2 year old grandson living with them while his mom was on active duty overseas with the Army. The girls played with him a lot and I got to know his grandparents. Devon is now back with his mom and next Saturday his grandparents are moving to the Boston area so chances are they will never see him again. As I thought about it I realized growing up in a small town my closest friends were my cousins and also not many of my classmates moved out. Not until HS graduation did we part ways and I have little contact with most of those people. Then on to college where I made more friends and though we parted ways it seems the Christianity factor keeps us connected much more than my HS friends. But I have come to realize raising my kids in a bigger city, this is will be new for me too. Here are a few pictures from Devon's grandparents going away party last night.

No comments: