Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

Today we went to pick up our Mini Van! The girls and I are so much more excited about it than Nate, but he has come a long way from 3 years ago. My SUV was a 3 year lease that will soon expire. 3 years back when it was time to get that vehicle, Nate and I went round and round about getting a van or not. I was for it and he was dead against it. We had Shelby at the time and I was due with Morgan in a couple more months. My thoughts were that the only sensible vehicle for us was a van, but sensible does not win over man's ego. I settled for the SUV but told him in 3 years I would have that van. It is missing a few features that I wish it had like automatic sliding doors or tailgate, but it does have the DVD and a third seat for other passengers! And around these parts I so looked forward to the sliding doors. I no longer have to worry about open doors bumping other cars in the wind while struggling with getting kids in and out of car seats! Oh and how nice that will be in our garage that seems so tight! Funny thing is that is something my husband frequently grumbles about but it took 3 years of me pointing out how much easier van doors would be in our garage for him give in! :) Thanks Nate!

1 comment:

Sarah W said...

Congratulations! You will LOVE it! Never thought I'd say it myself, actually, but a minivan is truly a blessing when you have two kids.