Saturday, January 31, 2009

T-i-r-e-d of the C-O-L-D

I am about done with this cold weather! Day after day of freezing cold temps with a little wind is wearing me out. There just isn't something right about getting excited about the idea of the high for the day reaching 36. I don't mind the snow of winter (unless it gets in the way of my travel plans :)). I would rather see the white stuff then brown, matted down grass and yuck mud. And kids, coats & car seats. Uugh. I so love summer! Bring on the humidity!

And how about that poor man in Michigan who froze to death in his own home because the power company turned off his power. He had ice cycles hanging off of him when they found him! That is just plain wrong. I need to get in touch with my mom. I haven't talked to her for a while and I need to make sure she isn't frozen. Since they live in the country and have to buy their own fuel oil, they keep the temp at 59 in their house during the day when no one is home and maybe bump it up to 64 in the evenings. Usually if I call her shortly after she has gotten home she is sitting with her coat still on trying to warm up! I just read on Facebook this morning (that thing IS good for something) that you can buy those Snuggies at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I think I am going to get my mom one to replace the PJ's I bought her for Christmas that didn't fit and were returned.

Stay warm everyone!

No comments: