Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Charmer in Her

This morning I dropped Shelby off at school. Nate had been taking her the last few days. I pick her up every day and she has lots of hugs and goodbyes to give as we head to the van. But I couldn't believe what I saw this morning. She is not even out of the van yet and I hear, "Hi Shelby". Two older girls are coming down the sidewalk across the street and they are shouting out to her. We walk across the bridge to the school with them and I hear them telling her she needs to be sure to say hi to so-and-so today. And then as we head to her class line I hear, "Shelby, Hi Shelby, Shelby......". She goes to a line of older kids and gives hugs to 3 or 4 girls! I'm glad she is making friends and having fun. I just wish she would share some of the love and charm with those of us at home!

No comments: