Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Life Too Short

The reality of the situation hasn't quite sunk in as I just got the phone call from my mom saying my cousin Abby's husband Derek drowned in a local lake back home today. Abby is one of the 3 cousin's married this year I wrote about in a previous blog. She was the first one of the three married back in April. Her wedding was the first major family event after our grandpa died. She babysat the girls when I returned home to attend the funeral of a great aunt in May or June. My grandma is so upset she can't even call my aunt and talk to her at this point. Last weekend he sat just 2 seats away from me at the reception of the next married cousin. Those newlyweds had joined Abby and Derek at the lake today. Married 4 short months and your husband gone. I can't even imagine, don't want to imagine.

1 comment:

Sarah W said...

Sarah, I'm so very sorry to hear this news. It's just tragic and heartbreaking. I will say a prayer for you and your family.