Saturday, August 6, 2011

Softball Wrap-up

Summer Pre Softball finished up the 1st Saturday in August. I think Shelby had fun playing and I saw improvement. At this level the coach pitches. She was able to hit the ball from the beginning and never had to use the Tee. She has a good arm and did a great job eating up ground balls. Shelby was a great third and first baseman. At third in 1 game she had 2 unassisted force outs. She fielded the ball and ran and stepped on the base beating the runner. She was pretty excited about that. I think that was in the second game. When she was able to play first base she did great fielding the throws from teammates as well as the ground balls that rolled her way. I finally convinced her to put the basketball aside for awhile so she could play catch with her dad. That helped her a lot. I think next summer she is ready to move on from Parks and Rec to the Instructional Level of the BNGSA. For now, next up is soccer.

I took this picture during the last game. Shelby played against her old preschool friend Isabelle. Isa is on first and Shelby is the 1B. They had a good time catching up. This was the second time they played each other.

No comments: