Monday, August 15, 2011

WI - Saturday the 13th - Little Amerricka

On Saturday we took our chances on the rain and headed for Marshall. It is about 15 miles east of Madison and home to Little Amerricka - a small amusement park. They had some good rides for their size. I have a bunch of pictures to summarize our day.

The favorite ride for the girls was the fast roller coaster. We rode it several times. It was hard to get good pictures as we breezed right on by my photographer, my dad.
Next up was a favorite, the Tilt-A-Whirl. Or should I say, has been the favorite. I think this ride is what is making me feel like my days are numbered on rides. The last 2 times I have been on it, I have felt like my head is going to explode. I hope if I avoid it I'll be able to enjoy the other rides for a bit longer.


They had a train ride that was about 2 miles long and went around some surrounding property. It was very scenic and a welcome break from the rides and a good way to let our lunch settle a bit.

I love weeping willows

this critter looks like they are giving the train a talking to!

didn't expect to see a couple of zebras

We had a lot of fun and got really wet on the bumper boats. It was Morgan and I against Shelby and Ashley. Our final ride was on this so we got soaked right before going home. Luckily for the girls I brought them a change of clothes. I purchased a new pair of shorts at the mall when we stopped in Madison. Ashley was pretty soggy by the time we got home.
fun going down the big slide
The Swiss Tobagon was this interesting ride. You sat in the little car (Ashley & I barely fit) and then you head straight up the inner tube. At the top it spits you out on the track and you come down going around and around and around...... Shelby went a second time with a random girl who said she could ride with her.
Ashley and my dad went to ride the go-karts so I took the girls over the the kiddie rides. They were kind of bored with those rides after they had already rode the bigger rides. They did have a lot fun on this kiddie roller coaster. I heard plenty of screams coming from the adults that were riding.
CRAZY!!!!

After several rides on the little coaster, they wanted to ride the kiddie boats. The lady running the boats was also running the airplanes. So they opted to ride this "boring" ride. As you can see in the picture, all they did was ask if they could ride the boats. The lady kept telling them to hold their horses!
Morgan showing her true feelings about the ride!
Finally they got to ride on the boats. As you can see, they weren't impressed!
We had a fun day at the park but when we got home, there was work to be done. Morgan helped my mom make blueberry coffeecake for my birthday breakfast.

No comments: