Monday, August 15, 2011

WI - Tuesday the 9th - Horseback Riding

The first big event on our to do list was to ride horses at my great uncle David's stable. I will admit I was glad to get it out of the way. My last experience on a horse landed me right on my backside. It was a long time ago and we had too many on the horse and I slid right off the its back-end! It hurt and I hadn't really forgotten about it. I did OK but I will say I would have liked it more if we had fewer people on the ride and if the horses did not walk nose to butt. They do a good job of follow the leader, but I could have done without Shelby's horse making mine go crazy while going up a hill. Overall though, we had a good time.
Shelby & Molly
Ashley & Morgan on Clipper
Ashley was kind enough to let squirms ride with her on a double saddle
Clipper was 1/2 my grandpa's horse. He went 50/50 with Uncle David on the purchase.
me on Cisco
Morgan loved this miniature horse Nellie


This guy had the right idea! I was so sick of the flies by the time I left farm country!



Morgan & Nellie


the girls with their great-great uncle David

No comments: